The Orenda Tribe’s Company Background:
Mission: To Empower Youth To Make Change
What We Do: We integrate art and storytelling into products & services that educate youth on global social challenges and what they can do to make a positive impact. Our work is divided into:
- Partnerships (B2B): Clients include schools, NGO’s and corporates.
- Retail (B2C): We design and sell retail products through our concept store, wholesale and online.
We are looking for a Creative Director to lead our company’s creative department towards reaching its goal of integrating art and storytelling into out-of-the-box online and offline products and services that educate youth on global social challenges.
The successful candidate must possess excellent leadership qualities, be extremely creative, dedicated, and possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Recruit full-time and part-time creative team members
- Full day to day operations management by distributing day to day tasks on creative team members and following up on them
- Shape brand standards and create SOP's to ensure all products and services are brand appropriate.
- Work with the team to produce new ideas for company branding, promotional campaigns, and marketing communications.
- Develop our in-house arts and craft activities and workshops experiences.
- Develop ideas for arts & crafts activities that tackle social issues for our partnerships with schools, NGO’s, local entities and corporates.
- Lead the development of new products as per the company’s vision. This includes working closely with graphic designers and suppliers during the full process from ideation until prototyping and packaging. Existing products: arts & crafts DIY boxes, coloring books, children’s books, apparel, etc.
- Lead the creative direction of our digital children’s games.
- Take the lead on brand related design such as uniform, packaging and products display design.
- Manage communications with partners when it comes to all creative work such as art workshops, game development or design work.
- Develop ideas for giving back projects & art workshops.
- Lead arts and crafts workshops. Community based, partnerships and in-house.
- Train staff on all arts & crafts activities.
- Lead on community and customer relationship management.
- Work closely with the staff to market products and services.
- Bachelor’s degree in art, graphic design, visual communications, animation, architecture, marketing, communications or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in art, design, social work or other relevant field.
- Knowledge about branding and brand identities.
- Experience in arts & crafts (and passion).
- A solid understanding of design.
- Excellent English and Arabic communication skills for emails and presentations.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator & InDesign.
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker.
Working Hours & Location:
- Working Hours: 9am to 5pm
- Days off: Friday & Sunday
- Must attend all workshops, events and bookings for more than 10 people in person. Even if outside working hours
- Location: Weibdeh, 1st floor of Manara Arts & Culture
If your qualifications meet the above requirements, please send your CV & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org