The Orenda Tribe’s Company Background:
Mission: To Empower Youth To Make Change
What We Do: We integrate art and storytelling into products & services that educate youth on global social challenges and what they can do to make a positive impact. We work with companies and individuals:
- Partnerships (B2B): Clients include schools, NGO’s and corporates.
- Retail (B2C): We design and sell retail products through our concept store, wholesale and online.
We are looking for an Art Lead to manage our art direction and the graphic design work related to it.
The successful candidate must be extremely creative, dedicated, and possess excellent planning and verbal communications skills.
- Developing the concept for all art activities and workshops for The Orenda Tribe
- Graphic design of all templates, instruction sheets and documentation for all of The Orenda Tribe art related activities and workshops
- Graphic design of all DIY Crafts or art related products for Orenda
- Personally attending and leading all of The Orenda Tribe’s art workshops and art events inside and outside of store. In case we had two or more events in parallel then the art lead’s job is to put the right people in place, train them and follow up on them to make sure that workshops are smooth and professional
- Preparing reports and information required from management
- Attending and preparing for weekly meetings to update on work progress
- Weekly training for all staff on art activities and on providing an experience to the customer as per The Orenda Tribe’s guidelines
- Updating art menu as per request from management
- Finding suppliers for art material and procurement of material for the first time within quality, best price and standard
- Coordinating with all departments.
- Designing art programs when requested such as art classes & summer camps
- Doing all work within The Orenda Tribe brand guidelines, SOP’s and agreed on processes
- Continuously working on developing customer art experience
- Attending store when needed within working hours and within store SOP’s
- Providing The Orenda Tribe related information accurately to customers and third parties
- Given the nature of the work and the startup structure the art lead will be required to do any other work requested by management and to assist other team in big projects.
- Any other operations management related tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in art, graphic design, visual communications, animation, architecture, marketing, communications, operations or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in practicing art, design, social work or other relevant field.
- Great planning and project management skills.
- Excellent knowledge in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator & InDesign.
- Good English and Arabic communication skills for emails and presentations.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker.
Working Hours & Location:
- Working Hours: 8 hours a day, 5 days a week
- Must attend all workshops, events and bookings for more than 10 people in person. Even if outside working hours
- Location: mainly in Weibdeh, 1st floor of Manara Arts & Culture, but also wherever is needed according to available workshops.
If your qualifications meet the above requirements, please send your portfolio, CV & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org